The Willmar WarHawks are looking to fill the position of head coach for the 2023-2024 NA3HL season and beyond. Interested candidates can reach out to Nate Schueller, Director of Operations via email and include cover letter and resume for consideration. Details are as follows:
The Head Coach is responsible for, but not limited to, the development, leadership, and administration of the Willmar WarHawks hockey team. This includes recruiting qualified players for a competitive team within the NA3HL, practice organization and supervision, game scheduling, budget oversight, player development, and positive community relations.
- Train WarHawks hockey team for NA3HL competition at a competitive level both within the conference and nationally;
- Develop and implement annual, seasonal, monthly, weekly, and daily plans for practice and player development.
- Develop and implement successful game plan.
- Maintain and increase knowledge of ice hockey training and coaching techniques.
- Supervise the training, development, and work of all staff personnel.
- Schedule facilities as needed with the Director of Operations and General Manager for Facilities.
- Provide an opportunity for annual evaluations with players.
- Attend all staff meetings and division/league meetings.
- Ensure that all practices are conducted in a professional manner according to WarHawks and NA3HL requirements.
- Recruit and evaluate high school athletes, both domestically and internationally, within NA3HL guidelines with the General Manager.
- Recruit, retain, and monitor players.
- Schedule, coordinate, and supervise official and unofficial visits of prospective players with the General Manager.
- Develop and manage recruiting database.
- Maintain and have thorough knowledge of NA3HL, conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Adhere and assist in the development of the WarHawks budget along with the General Manager.
- Adhere to organization procedures relative to purchasing and travel expenditures along with the General Manager.
- Assist with the coordination of team travel and logistics, including vehicles, lodging, and meals along with the General Manager.
- Develop sponsorship programs to augment operations budget.
- Participation with outside community centered activities for players and coaches under the direction of the Director of Operations.
- Head coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and coach players at the scholastic or collegiate level is preferred.
- Previous playing experience preferred, along with an understanding of NA3HL, rules, and regulations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and the understanding and ability to apply and instruct sport-specific skills, techniques, and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit qualified players at the NA3HL level successfully.
- Ability to identify and accomplish professional development opportunities for self.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.